Pleurotus ?

Es gibt 19 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 3.365 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Beorn.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

definitely not a Pluteus. ;) I think Pleurotus sp. is correct.

best regards

Stefan

Risspilz: hui; Rissklettern: bisher pfui; ab nun: na ja mal sehen...

Derzeit so pilzgeschädigt, das geht auf keine Huthaut. :D

Meine Antworten hier stellen nur Bestimmungsvorschläge dar. Verzehrsfreigaben gibts nur vom PSV vor Ort.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello!

Yes, microscopically that looks like a Pleurotus - species. But wich one could be diffficult, because the microscopic features of all those species from the ostreatus - group look nearly the same. The substrate would be interesting, was there wood beneath the soil? Because if not, and maybe the fungus grows on roots of smaller plants, that could be interesting.

LG; Pablo.

• Hello,

even more interesting to me would be the ascomycete on the wood (?) beneath the Pluerotus :)

I don't remember to have seen such a Pleurotus, but on Malta there might be Pleurotus species not occuring in the rest of Europe.

all the best,

Andreas

• The substrate was wooden chips and some gravel that was used as animal bedding (and hence it might have some excreta) dumped on soil in an olive grove. There was some burning too but it is probably not relevant. So We could safely exclude roots of smaller plants. I wonder if we can advance further or stop as P. ostreatus s.l. ?

• Ooohhh, such a pity because I sent my sample in Eygpt to a mycologist to identify the species but apart he has not carried out any investigation, he kept (or lost?) the samples and never replied to me when asked to send my sample back. I check if I have something left maybe I can send it to Spain. I presume if I find a dry specimen it would not help to carry out further investigations (micro or chemical)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello, Steve!

Right, the Pleurotus might grow on the wood chips an should belong to the ostreatus group.

On herbal roots there would have been an option towards the species around Pleurotus eryngii or Pleurotus nebrodensis (which might look more similar).

Lg; Pablo.

• Where can I find more info on the taxa forming the ostreatus group please? And would Pl. ostreatus s.l. be a justified identification in this case, given further resolution with the data I have is no further possible ?

Tnx!

• Hello,

I don't see Pleurotus ostreatus in your collection. Way too thin, and too whitish, and too small, and the yellow discolouration is unusual either. IF it is one of the central european Pleurotus species, then I would rather think of Pleurotus pulmnarius than of ostreatus.

For literature, this may be useful:

HILBER, O. - Die Gattung Pleurotus.

all the best,

Andreas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Buona sera, altogether!

For literature, this may be useful:

HILBER, O. - Die Gattung Pleurotus.

It definitely is, Andreas. :thumbup:
    But i must admit that i have a problem with seperating Pleurotus ostreatus und Pleurotus pulmonarius - at least in some collections, and especially when i'm dealing with only few basidiocarps...

I think that Pleurotus pulmonarius is quite frequent in my region, but still there seem to be light coloured collections of Pleurotus ostreatus (like several cultivated strains that might have "escaped"), which can be very confusing (in the summer months). I don't see any constant differences (neither microscopically nor macrochemically) - but the total appearance of rich collections (including young and mature basidiocarps) often helps to distinguish one from the other...

...at least i think so, but still have the problem with some collections that seem to be always somewhere in between.

So i was asking myself: Isn't there any new publication for european wildlife - Pleurotus - specimen, including some genetical data?
    Because sometimes i think there might be more than two species hidden in either the concept of Pleurotus pulmonarius or in the one of Pleurotus ostreatus. Or: Maybe the two species can hybridize (does that word even exist?)...

LG; Pablo.

• Hello,

it could well be that cultered Pleurotus ostreatus s.l. found their way into nature and that we therefore have big variation in this complex.

Typical pulmonarius is quite easily to recongize, but as yu say one often has problematic collections too. Even in the supermarket not all Pluerotus ostreatus seems to be ostreatus but also pulmonarius?!

all the best,

Andreas

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi, Andreas!

Yes, in deed, some collections in shops and markets look odd and more like pulmonarius...
    So there it is hard to tell which one is which, but if cultivated strains of P. ostreatus could also look like that and mix up with wildliving individuals, things get confusing. :gzwinkern:

So...

No newer studies in that group: Might be an interersting project to document an sequence a number of wildliving collections in Europe.

LG; Pablo.

• Hallo,

schön, dass ihr so gut englisch könnt. :)

Es gab mal den Spruch eines erfahrenen Mykologen (der auch die Veröffentlichung von HILBER kannte): "Jeder, der neue Arten beschreibt, sollte vorher gezwungen werden, 1 Jahr in einer Austernpilzzuchtanlage zu verbringen. Dann wird nicht jede kleine Veränderung zur neuen Art erhoben."

Freundliche Grüße

Peter

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo, Peter!

Eben. :thumbup:

Darum würde ich ja eine Studie mit genetischem "Gegencheck" interessant finden.

Kann aber eben auch sein, daß durch die diversen Zuchtformen von P. ostreatus und Kreuzungen mit Wildformen die Variationsbreite dieser Art inzwischen so groß ist, daß sie von P. pulmonarius in manchen Fällen morphologisch tatsächlich nicht mehr unterscheidbar ist. Neue Arten wollte ich eigentlich gar nicht beschrieben haben in der Gruppe.

LG; Pablo.

• This is also valid for terrestrial orchids! Very nice quote from the mycologist.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello, Steve!

Alas, I dont have any university that would analyse my samples - at least not for free.

Although i have some samples of Pleurotus species collected myself (ostreatus, pulmonarius and cornucopiae): I won't do it. Each Sample would be around 20€ at Alvalab, for a significant study around 20-30 samples (around 10 per species) would be the least, so that's way beyond my financial possibilities. :gzwinkern:

LG, Pablo.