Technique for collecting expelled ascospores from apothecia or

Es gibt 4 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.545 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Bergwald.

• Hi, I often see questions on FB and online fora, asking how to get ascospores out of asci for proper measurement. I have this easy method to share with you which also works on tiny apothecia, even if dirty with soil or debris.

A droplet of water or cotton blue is placed on an upright cupulate or discoid apothecium with a fine-tip dropper. The water is agitated with a needle gently touching the surface. The spores are in suspension of this droplet. This is then transferred on a microscope glass slide and mounted for observation. If the apothecium was dirty with soil, let 10 seconds or more after agitation so that the heavy soil falls down and not sucked by the pipette.

How someone finds it useful :)

• Hi Steve,

that's a "funny" idea. I must try as soon as possible.

Thanks for this information.

Regards

Thomas

AUCH VON MIR KEINE ESSENSFREIGABE. EINE BESTIMMUNG IST OHNE JEDE GARANTIE.

• Hi Steve,

that's a "funny" idea. I must try as soon as possible.

Thanks for this information.

Regards

Thomas

Let us know if it works. The principle, although it may sound funny is a logical one - based on the assumption that there are hundreds of shed spores carpeting the hymenium surface. I have not read this technique anywhere, so maybe it does not work so well, but when I try it, I have success. The problem is for very small apothecia - you need a capillary tube then.