Ectal and medullary excipulum

Es gibt 3 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.123 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Steve_mt.

• Hi Steve, welcome. I am not a mycologist, but usually a linguistic explanation fits, too.

You got an excipulum, which (usually) consists of more than one layer. The outside layer is called ectal, the inside layer medullary. Whilst it could happen, that all the layers are of the same kind, sometimes ectal and medullary layer are of different size/shape/composition, whatsoever. And then you can have gradual transition between them or a sharp one.

When you ask for ID, it would be always useful to indicate the location of the finding. mt - stands for Malta?

Best regards, Bernd

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello!

Like Bernd writes: "Ectal Excipulum" is the outer layer (or layers) of cells. "Medullary excipulum" or "ental excipulum" the interial layers, near to the subhymenial cells. I think in most ascocarps they look different, but of course not always.

LG; Pablo.

• Dear Bernd and Pablo,

Thank you for your kind answers. I understand better now, so it is the outer and inner rather layers over each other below the hymenium. Yes mt for Malta, but I am researching on the fungi of the sister island of Gozo since there are almost no records and compiling an annotated list for my M.Sc. I have no tutor all alone!